FREE/THEMED POST

 Hello everyone!


Since today the topic of the post is up to everyone's choice, I'm going to talk about something I've been missing a lot lately: the experience of face-to-face classes.


I live in Pomaire, approximately 2 hours or more away from the university. I remember that classes started at 8:15 in the morning, so I had to leave my house at 5:50 am at the latest to catch the bus (which was not even a bus, but a gentleman with a car that willingly brought me and other people to the bus stop) that would take me to Melipilla, where I would take the bus to Santiago. I remember that already on the bus I was sleeping peacefully... it was what I liked the most of the trip. 


I would arrive in Santiago and the first thing I would notice was the chaos of the city, and then there was the smell of coffee from the cafeteria where I always had breakfast (until my junaeb money ran out </3). Then I had to take the subway... more and more chaos. People fighting to get on, letting 3 or 4 trains pass because they were full, until I finally got on and arrived at Universidad Católica station, and already outside everything was better. Seeing the other people arriving at the university, some carrying their work, others with their cup of coffee, others with a face of not having slept and others entering with their group of friends. 


I miss the titanic, the orchard, the park next to the university, the pircas, the benches that were next to the court. 


I miss the noise of the classroom, my classmate taking pictures with filters when she got bored, reviewing for a test with my friends, having lunch with them. 


I miss those classes that were so interesting that no one wanted them to end. 

I miss the field trips, sleeping on the bus during the trip, the snacks sitting around because then we had to keep walking and taking notes. 



I hope soon we can go back to the on-site classes and experience all this again.


Comentarios

  1. Hi Susan. It's a shame that face to face classes keep getting postponed because of the pandemic, which is understandable, but necessary at some points in the career.
    I'm glad to read that you at least got to experience university. I'm from Copiapó and to this day I don't know the FAU, and many of my classmates and friends.
    I can imagine how you must feel, that you're able to have that experience and not be able to repeat it again :(

    PS: what a sacrifice your journey to the U, a real warrior!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I prefer to be at home, having to spend 3 hours every day just to travel to the university is horrible and very exhausting for me, not having face-to-face classes has given me a lot of extra time and at least I like that.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares