My favourite piece of technology

 Hello everyone


I think it is a bit difficult to choose just one favorite piece of technology, however there is one that manages to fulfill the functions of many of the others, that's why my favorite piece of technology is the cell phone, also thanks to online classes for me is completely discarded the computer as my favorite, it is inevitable to think of it and not associate it with the stress of college.


I had my first cell phone when I was 8 years old and now that I think about it I would have preferred not to have it for a couple of years, since because of it I started to stop playing with my friends (by then everyone had a cell phone) or our conversations were around the cell phone. I remember we would send music to each other via bluetooth, play "bounce" or send each other pictures typical of the pokemones tribu era JAJA.


Although I'm not proud to admit it I use my cell phone almost all day long, except obviously during classes and when I'm with my family. The rest of the day I use it to listen to music while I tidy up the house or do my college chores and in my leisure moments I use it to read or to talk to my boyfriend and friends through whatsapp or video calls. I think it is because of the latter that I have started to use it more frequently since the beginning of the pandemic, it is the only way I have to stay connected with my friends and family. However, that's not why I like it the most.


I really enjoy listening to music and reading and thanks to the cell phone I can do both. Also thanks to it my pocket doesn't suffer from having to buy books, so I think it's my favorite piece of technology. However, I think about what my life would be like without the cell phone and I like the version where I don't live depending on it... It would be great to go back to the time where you would go to a store to buy or listen to your favorite band's album, go back to libraries to get books (in my city there are no libraries anymore </3 ) and where friendship is not measured by the amount of messages you send to your friends. While the cell phone is my favorite piece of technology I think it has taken away some of the things that made relationships and life itself a little more beautiful.








Comentarios

  1. Hello Susan, I hope you'e well.
    I share the same as you, I think that the phone despite making many things easier for us, especially being able to communicate with friends or family at a distance, it has also taken away many beautiful moments that were lived before its arrival, or rather, before technology made them smart. I think it would be nice to go back to the time when they did not exist and people used to buy records, visit the library to read, meet with friends to talk or simply send letters or messages by mail, without having the need to resort to a phone that allows you that and much more. But above all, back to the time when it was natural and human to share with society without the slightest distraction. uwu

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares