WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS CAREER/STUDY PROGRAMME?

 Ever since I was a child I dreamed of being a scientist; I didn't know specifically what area of science I wanted to dedicate myself to but I did have a penchant for wondering how things happened. My dad had a lot of influence in this, I would sit with him and watch documentaries about physics and then we would discuss them and he would teach me what little he knew about some things that involved science. Later, when I started secondary school I felt a certain taste for history and I really felt the need to be a historian, but this passed when they changed my history teacher and the new teacher scared me HAHAHA. Then I focused again that I wanted to be a scientist, for the same reason in my career options were physical engineering, industrial civil engineering, geophysics (💔) and finally agronomy, until 2018 (which is when I was supposed to enter the university) I never considered the option of studying geography. 

When I got my results in 2018 I qualified to study geophysics at the University of Concepción but I didn't go for it because I didn't have enough money to leave Santiago and go to another region... even though that was the career I dreamed of studying. I finally entered agronomy and only lasted one semester, so in 2019 I had to look for new career options and that's when I finally found geography. I really only entered because it was the most similar to geophysics that was enough for me with my score, I could have studied geology in other universities but right now I'm thankful I didn't do it. 
I love the multiple options that geography gives me and I love having come to FAU; I have met wonderful people and sharing common interests with them makes me feel that I am in the right place and that my past decisions were really worth it. However, I feel that my college life lacks the experience of the grounds...but hey, I hope the pandemic gets under control soon so I can get back to face-to-face classes. 

At this point in my career my ideal job would be one that allows me to be in the field a lot of the time and I get to be surrounded by nature, and I think both environmental geography and physical geography would help me get that kind of job, however, I know I should specialize in only one and I don't know what my choice will be yet, so I'm a little bit afraid of the fourth and fifth year of university. 

Well, I guess that's it. I hope everyone is pursuing a career that makes them happy! 


Comentarios

Entradas populares