A SUBJECT YOU'VE ENJOYED STUDYING THIS SEMESTER

 Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well!


My favorite subject this semester is undoubtedly "Soil Geography".


During the classes we work mainly with the theory that covers a part of the necessary topics to carry out an analysis and interpretation of soils (it's only a part because the study of soils is a very complex subject that obviously can't be studied completely in only 1 semester). Originally the subject entailed a series of terrains that due to the pandemic have not been able to be carried out (I hope very much to be able to recover some of those outings). However, despite not having classroom activities, we have been able to perform a practical activity, in which all the theory was applied at the time of recognizing the characteristics of a pedon. 


The main contents that I have worked in the soil geography classes are: granulometry, mineralogy, soil morphology, soil water, influence of air on soils, pedogenesis processes and soil organic components. By looking at each of these topics in the course, a lot of knowledge related to chemistry and physics has been included. 


I like this course because it brings me closer to one of the things I most hoped to get out of studying geography: being able to work in contact with nature. I don't think I could find anything closer to what I wanted that touching the ground, feeling it, observing it and finally analyzing it. Also, I really like the classes because they are part of the physical study of geography. 



Comentarios

Entradas populares